Makeup Trends to Watch out for in 2020
April 7th, 2020
Canadian Beauty College
At Canadian Beauty College, we love makeup and are always on the lookout for the latest trends in the world of beauty. We know you’re just as interested as we are, so we put together a definitive list of the makeup looks that are sure to make waves this year.
- Feathered eyebrows. Forget the heavily sculpted eyebrows that ruled the last decade, this year’s statement brows are filled in, fluffy and brushed upwards to create a feathered look.
- Lip stains. Just as bold and colourful as lined lips, but easier to apply and more laid-back, blurred lip stains are the statement lip of 2020.
- Clear lip gloss. Either on their own or as an upgrade to the lip stains mentioned above, shiny lips are making a comeback after a decade of satin and matte finishes. And don’t worry, modern lip glosses are less sticky and easier to wear than those we put on in the early 2000s.
- Colourful eyeshadow. Swaths of pink, blue, red, purple and any other colour you can think of will adorn the eyelids of trendsetters this year. For a look that’s a little extra, pair it with matching eyeliner and mascara. Or go subtle with a pop of your favourite tone just in the corner of your eyes.
- Floating eyeliner. Those that like to push fashion boundaries will be lining above their lash line this year. Try a subtle gold to test out the trend or go for a bold look with a neon or dark metallic line.
- Bright pink. Wondering what colour to wear? Hot pink is equally modern and at home on your lips, cheeks and eyes and can easily be combined with any of the other makeup trends listed here.
- Dewey skin. Naturally clear and clean skin is replacing the ultra-highlighted and contoured looks of the past few years. Try a water-based foundation that lets your skin’s texture shine while subtly covering any imperfections. If you need a little help before baring your skin, visit our medical spa to discover the benefits of our top-of-the-line treatments.
- Classic looks. If you don’t want to let go of your red lipstick and smoky eye, don’t worry. Classic styles like these will always be in style.
Cosmetology school in the GTA
Are you as fascinated by beauty trends as we are? Then consider turning your passion into a rewarding career as a makeup artist or aesthetician at Canadian Beauty College. We have several locations in the Greater Toronto area that all offer high-quality education from skilled instructors. For more information about the various programs we offer, contact us!
Write a Comment