Maintaining your Eyebrows between Appointments
July 31st, 2017
After getting your eyebrows professionally shaped by a makeup artist or esthetician, you’ll likely need to return in about four to six weeks to redefine them. In the interim, be sure to keep unruliness at bay by applying the following eyebrow maintenance tips and tricks:
- Take a post-appointment selfie – It can be helpful to have a photograph of your newly shaped eyebrows on hand, especially if there’s been some departure from what you’re accustomed to. It’s handy if you end up visiting with a different professional for your next appointment, or if there’s some element of the shape you’re unhappy about. You can then simply pull out the picture and point to what you like and don’t like. In terms of maintenance, the photo will act as a visual aid reminding you of where you should and shouldn’t tweeze.
- Fill in your brows before you pluck – If you normally define your brow with a pencil, do so before you pull out the tweezers. This will allow you to more clearly see which stray hairs you should pluck. Even if you don’t normally add definition, you may wish to try the pencilling-in trick when you tweeze.
- Stand back from the mirror – When deciding which hairs need to go, don’t use a magnifying mirror. Instead, step a bit back from your regular reflection to get the complete view of where each individual hair stands in relation to the full eyebrow. Only by getting this zoomed-out perspective will you be able to determine if tweezing a particular hair will work with your overall brow shape.
- Pluck one hair at a time – Always pluck only one hair at a time. This practice will ensure you don’t accidentally over-tweeze and also protect you from possible irritation that can occur when plucking your eyebrows. As with so many other things in life, patience really does pay off.
- Maintain the arch – Cosmetology colleges and beauty schools throughout Ontario teach their students this key bit of beauty wisdom all the best beauticians know: eyebrows are everything. Beautifully groomed eyebrows can do more to immediately enhance your natural beauty than almost any other beauty treatment or product. The secret to getting perfect eyebrows? It’s all about the arch. Whether soft, curved or high, the arch should be diligently maintained for continual beauty enhancing benefits.
Turn your passion for Hair and Makeup into a Career
Love learning insider beauty tips and tricks? A career in hair or makeup may be right for you. Our school, the Canadian Beauty College, is a Toronto area cosmetology college offering a number of diplomas and certifications in esthetics, makeup and hairstyling. Contact us today to find out more about our school and programs.
Write a Comment