Elements of the Perfect Skin Care Routine
April 9th, 2019
Canadian Beauty College
Determine your skin type
This is the first and most important step when it comes to choosing skin care products. To find your skin type, wash your face, don’t apply any products and see what happens. There are four basic skin types.
- Your face will become shiny and feel oily within a couple of hours after washing it.
- Your face will feel tight and itchy after washing.
- Your forehead, nose and chin will react differently to the face-washing test than your cheeks. If you have combination skin, you have a blend of both oily and dry skin.
- You have skin that’s perfectly balanced. This is rare, so if your skin doesn’t feel oily or tight after washing, congratulations.
The skin care routine
These are the steps every skin care routine should include:
- Wash your face twice a day. The right cleanser will leave your face feeling clean, but not stripped. Dry skin will benefit from heavier, creamy products, while oily or combination skin types prefer foaming cleansers.
- Start by performing this step a couple of times a week and never exfoliate more than once a day. Look for a product with glycolic, lactic or salicylic acid to gently clean your pores and remove dead skin. Stay away from physical exfoliators that have a rough texture, which can irritate your skin.
- This step replenishes the moisture that your skin loses every day and should be done every time you cleanse. Gels are best for oily skin, lotions work well for normal or combination skin and creams are the heaviest and offer great results for dry skin.
- Use sunscreen on your face every day, even if you’re not spending time outdoors. This is the most important part of any skin care routine. Not only does exposure to the sun increases your chances of getting skin cancer, but it also causes your skin to age prematurely. Stagger new products when introducing them into your routine. This way, you’ll be able to tell if the item is working well or causing an adverse reaction.
To learn more about the best skin care routine for you, visit our medi-spa for expert advice. If skin care is your passion, consider enrolling in one of our beauty colleges in the Greater Toronto Area. We offer extensive and diverse esthetics programs that will take your career to the next level. Contact us today to find out more.
Write a Comment