6 Skin Care Routine Tweaks To Help You Survive The Summer
July 31st, 2019
Canadian Beauty College
There’s a lot to love about summer—warm weather, shorts, cold brew and the holidays are just the start. Unfortunately, the mix of hot weather and air conditioning can wreak havoc on your skin. Luckily, with a few tweaks to your skin care routine, your face and body won’t have to suffer.
Summer skin care
To keep your skin from becoming uncomfortably dry or red, make these six changes to your beauty routine.
- Take cooler showers or baths. Long, hot showers may feel great on a, but beware: prolonged exposure to hot water can leach the moisture out of your skin leaving it dry and irritated. Take shorter, lukewarm showers instead.
- Switch your cleanser. The cleanser you use to control your dry skin in the winter may be too oily in the summer. Switching to a thinner, non-foaming formula will keep your skin happy.
- Start using a serum. If you’re not already using a serum between exfoliating and hydrating, summer is a good time to start. These lightly hydrating products can target specific skin concerns like aging or texture. They also help your moisturizer protect your skin.
- Don’t lick your lips. When your lips get dry and chapped, it’s tempting to lick them. However, this is a bad idea. Your saliva contains enzymes that help break down food, which irritates your lips and makes chapping worse. Instead, use a moisturizing lip balm or plain old petroleum jelly.
- Don’t forget your SPF. Wear sunscreen everyday, even when it feels like the sun is hiding. Harmful ultra-violet rays are always present during daylight hours, even on the dreariest summer days.
- Don’t ignore your body. Your entire body needs some extra TLC during the summer, not just your face. Make sure to moisturize after every shower, and consider getting a humidifier to keep the air in your home from getting too dry.
If you need some help with your summer skin care routine or want to try out some new products, visit the students at one of Canadian Beauty College’s Medi-Spa clinics.
If skin care is your passion, and you’d like to make it your career, we can help make that happen. Our beauty colleges in the Greater Toronto Area offer many different programs from medical esthetics to hairstyling and beyond. Contact us today to find out more.
Write a Comment