10 Step Korean Beauty Routine for Beginners
March 7th, 2020
Canadian Beauty College
If you follow the world of beauty, fashion and aesthetics even a little, you’ve probably heard that skin care is taken very seriously in Korea. So seriously, in fact, that many men and women in the country follow a ten-step skin care routine day and night in order to keep their skin healthy and glowing. Here are the steps to take in order to have smooth and clear skin.
- Oil cleanse. Oil-based cleansers remove makeup, sebum, SPF and any other oil-based grime accumulated during the day.
- Foam cleanse. A foaming cleanser removes water-based impurities on your skin, such as sweat and dirt, as well as any residual oil left behind by your first cleanse.
- Physical exfoliants (products textured with sugar or other gentle but abrasive ingredients) or chemical ones (they contain skin-friendly acids) remove dead skin cells and clear pores to reveal brighter and smoother skin.
- This step balances the skin’s pH and prepares it for the next steps.
- Often called the heart of a Korean beauty regimen, essence hydrates your skin, aids in cell turn over and further prepares your skin for the next steps.
- Targeted treatment. Special treatments are used to address any personal skin concern you may have. Redness, lines and acne can all be targeted.
- Sheet mask. While a normal face mask dries out quickly, a sheet mask stays humid, allowing the products to remain active longer and your skin to fully absorb the ingredients.
- Eye cream. The skin around your eyes is the thinnest and most delicate on your body. Eyes creams are packed with beneficial ingredients but are formulated to not irritate the skin.
- These come in many forms and seal in moisture to make the skin look plumper and smoother.
- Sun protection. Even if you’re inside most of the day, you should never neglect to protect your skin from the sun’s harsh rays.
It may seem like a lot of time and money to invest in a skincare routine, but rest assured, you don’t have to do each of these steps every day. In fact, only five of the steps (oil cleansing, cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing and sun protection) are necessary. The rest can be done once or a few times a week, as needed or when you have the time.
Turn your passion into a career
Do you love pampering yourself with your daily skincare routine? Why not study medical aesthetics and become a skin care specialist or a makeup artist? Canadian Beauty College has cosmetology programs that can lead to an exciting and rewarding career. Contact us today to find out more about the certificates and diplomas we offer.
Write a Comment